One of the friendliest hostels on the planet...
Around the World Backpackers provides a sanctuary from loud, large hostels. Our 36 bed hostel is approx. 10 min walk to The Restart Mall and just around the corner from the Intercity bus depot on Armagh street. Nominated as one of the best small hostels in the world in 2013, and mentioned in the Lonely Planet, we would love to see you soon! A great place to meet people from all around the world! Kick back, relax and enjoy!
We deal with Steve's Shuttle who can drop you off at the airport between 4am and 5pm every day of the week, ask one of our staff to make the booking for you when you check in. $20 for one person and then $5 for every extra person. Beat Street cafe situated 100m from the hostel offers a hostel special on their delicious all day breakfast ask our staff for a Beet Street voucher.
UNLIMITED FREE WIFI THROUGHOUT THE HOSTEL, MAKE SURE YOU BOOK YOUR BED THROUGH OUR WEBSITE!!
What we provide to all our guests:
- FREE WIFI UNLIMITED throughout the hostel!!!
- FREE Computers available 24/7
- FREE Tea, coffee and spices for cooking
- FREE Herbs from the herb garden
- FREE Use of the BBQ
- FREE BBQ dinner every Saturday night
- FREE Sky TV - Movies and Sport
- FREE DVD's to watch over 200 to choose from
- FREE Hairdryers and hair straighteners to borrow
- FREE Alarm clocks to borrow for those early starts
- FREE Unlimited national and NZ mobile calls from the guests phone
- FREE Off street parking (on a first-in, first-served basis)
- FREE Ear plugs!
- FREE Salt and pepper and anything else you can find on the kitchen shelves
- FREE Sewing kit to use
- FREE Storage
- Wednesday - Movie night 8pm with free popcorn
- Thursday - Live entertainment and BBQ 6pm $10 per person (weather permitting) - BACK AGAIN IN SPRING
- Thursday - New Zealand Movie night 8pm with free popcorn
- Friday - 4-6pm Happy hour CBD bar
- Saturday - 6pm FREE BBQ
We have 2 bikes available to hire, these bikes are brand new and ideal for getting around the city. Prices vary, see the activities page for more information.